Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Too busy cleaning to post . . .

Nobody believed that title right??? Good. Though it was partially true, in spirit anyway. I had planned to post on Sunday and Robert demanded a deep cleaning of both the living room and our bedroom. I HATE HATE DESPISE HATE LOATHE HATE cleaning with my husband. He takes the O.H.I.O. rule to some rare artform and just moves so fast and seems to simply chant "What do you want to do with this?" "What do you want to do with this?" "What about this?" "And this?" There is not time to sit and hold and think and absorb and decide and it makes me furious. In fact in devouring the now infamously debunked memior "A Million Little Pieces" and he was talking about the Fury and oh how I could relate to the inner rage of cleaning along side my husband.
And yet . . . In less than five hours the living room and bedroom were truly clean. Done. Only daily upkeep needed. No boxes to sort through later. No maybe piles. No shelves still lingering with potential yard sale items. Just a trash can full of trash, an overflowing box for the yard sale and a clean and freshly made bed. I HATE HATE DESPISE HATE LOATHE HATE when my husband is right.

In other news, I have a new plan for motivation. I am going to take pictures of my house every Saturday morning and post them here. They will no doubt often be accompanied by excuses but I think it may keep me a bit more dilligent in my maintence phase. So this week my goal is to get the digital camera and the laptop talking.

The yard work also continues to move forward. I have finished the flower bed. and then promptly bought more clearance flowers and am in the process of planting those. The yuccas still need work and I am momentarily out of potting soil and mulch, but my shoulders are sunburned and nothing has died yet. So it's going well. Pictures on that front soon as well.

Summer vacation has FINALLY arrived so post should be more often and hopefully more positive in nature. Now if you will excuse me, I have laundry to swap out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment